The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires employers to provide written notice to their employees of the coverage options available through the Health Insurance Marketplace by October 1, 2013. Franchise Benefit Solutions has developed a Communications Toolkit to help you comply with this Affordable Care Act requirement.
Each active employee (whether they are full-time or part-time) must receive a notice:
- Either the Notice of Coverage that the employer will offer health insurance coverage;
- Or the Notice of Coverage that the employer will not offer health insurance coverage.
This notice to employees must be sent to the employee by one of the following methods:
- Attached to their paycheck or copy of direct deposit statement (Make copy of notice and have employee sign the copy as proof of delivery).
- Mailed to the employee by 1st, 2nd or 3rd class mail.
- Email (Request a Read Receipt).
- Be sure to complete the employer section of the form before distributing.
Please Note: Posting of the Notice in the break room does not meet the requirements for delivery.
Employees hired after October 1, 2013 must receive the Notice of Coverage within 14 days of their start date.